Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gentlemen Broncos

Although I am not a huge fan of Napoleon Dynamite or Nacho LIbre (I do own Nacho Libre though), I AM a fan of Jared Hess (the director). Why? Because of his story and how it relates to me. BYU film school. Mormon. Spanish speaking mission. Because I like to see what someone like him can make, I was going to give Gentlemen Broncos a try despite bad reviews. I am writing this shortly thereafter because of how horrible it was. Not only does it take Jared Hess's same humor over the entire body of the movie, but it does not offer anything else. Snake's pooping. Kissing a boy after he vomits. I do not think I cracked a smile during this whole movie. Also, part of the movie is about a local film being made (which is RIGHT up my alley) and it just made the movie longer! Gentlemen Broncos missed on all fires and actually reminds me metaphorically of a video of a man getting hit in the crotch. On funniest home videos it is just HILARIOUS because we know he doesn't even see it coming. That same video just is NOT funny at all if we know that it was done on purpose. Gentlemen Broncos is a man getting hit in the privates on purpose. The awkwardness, the dry humor, and the crappy filmmaking just do not work because they were actually done on purpose. Sorry Jared, you lost my faith in you. Can't say that I am a fan anymore (and feel the need to step up and be a director myself).
3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment