Monday, November 9, 2009

Air Guitar Nation

I first heard about this documentary on a movie news site and thought I would give it a try. I LOVE documentaries and this one falls under the discovery of a world that I didn't know kind of documentary. King of Kong is sort of like this, in that it captures the world when something interesting actually happens and not just explains the world within. The difference though is the connection to the characters (Where King of Kong's characters are very loveable and hateable) and I actually GET the Donkey Kong world. I had a hard time really relating to the Air Guitar world because of the lack of official rules/judging and the way it seems you have to be drunk to do it. On the other aspect, there seemed to be an art to it. Whether it is an art of comedy or an art of "feeling the music", I thought the artistic side of air guitar was well represented (if there is such a thing). All in all, I still love documentaries and Air Guitar Nation seemed very info-tainment-ful. As a documentary that is funny because a very silly thing is important to people, it works well but before this movie, go see "Confessions of a Superhero" on hulu.com. 7/10.
PS>The movie is rated R because of about 10 F-words and a few quick clips of a European man air guitaring naked. I would have posted the kids-in-mind meter but they didn't have it reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment