Wednesday, November 4, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

This movie is awesome! This was my first "blind" blu ray buy where I did not see it beforehand, and I regret nothing! It's Transformers meets Iron Man meets Speed Racer. Actually, it reminds me a lot of Speed Racer because it was dissed by critics and had a lot of CGI and I loved it. Here are a few reasons why I loved it so much:
  • Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. It's been a long time since I have been that excited about characters
  • Strong women action roles (The Baroness is arguably the MAIN villain in the movie, which makes it good)
  • Non-stop action. It just doesn't stop. Not at all.
  • It's much better than Transformers 2 (i.e. no hint at humping dogs or robots)
  • Deep down it is a buddy comedy, which I always love
  • Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow
  • It's fun. Although Duke tries to be serious the whole time, most of the movie is pure fun. Non-stop fun.
  • It's clean, except for some violence. No sexual references. Not much language. Just a few people getting their heads blown off and eyes stabbed. That's it. 9/10
PS>Kids in Mind Meter:
Sex/Nudity: 3/10
Violence: 7/10
Profanity: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment