Monday, November 16, 2009

Waking Ned Devine

I LOVE old man humor. There's something about The Bucket List and Grumpy Old Men that is just different than other movies I usually see. It's a grandpa's humor. It's an innocent humor. It brings back memories of my Dad laughing at movies. Waking Ned Devine is an old man comedy, set in a small village in Ireland (I think). The premise carries the movie forward from the beginning and it is a fun movie that gets you out of America for a bit. I raise my glass and toast Ned Devine! 7/10
PS>The only "dirty" thing to happen in the movie is old man bum nudity. It is actually a humorous scene though.
PSS>Quote:
Priest asks, "Do you think you'll be working for the church Maurice?"
Child answers, "No. I don't think I want to work for someone I've never met and doesn't pay me."
PSSS>Kids in Mind Meter:
Sex/Nudity: 4
Violence: 2
Profanity: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment