Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fame

I have never seen the original Fame and I only watched this movie because some friends brought it over. I always like a good dance movie but this movie was about one thing. DRAMA. Young, growing, DRAMA. It actually reminded me a lot of "Friday Night Lights" where the whole point is to make a documnetary-like movie about growing up that just misses with its characters and interestingness. In Fame, the camera is shaky the whole time (for no reason), kids sing like a musical but it's still shaky camera style, and halfway through the movie I only knew one character's name. Very unengageing story about a few kids growing up at performing arts high school and defying their parents wishes for them to be a classical _______ (insert artistic career here). Waste of 2 hours. 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment