Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Hurt Locker

I noticed this movie on a lot of "best movie of 2009" lists so I thought I would give it a try. I reminded me a lot of "Black Hawk Down" where it is constantly intense, but where Black Hawk Down is about one particular incident, The Hurt Locker successfully shows it during the whole course of the last two months of a OED's rotation. This is where the movie really touched me was where day in and day out, these men had do deal with a fear of dying that I personally could not deal with. It is touching, it is interesting, and it is real. It is done in the same shaky camera way as Fame, but where Fame (which I saw the night before) is Friday Night Lights, The Hurt Locker is more like United 93 (which I liked). There is a reason for it so be so real, because you are the fourth person on the team. The Best of 2009 lists were right to have these on their list. This was a powerful film. 7/10
PS>Guy Pearce and Ralph Fiennes make a big impact on this movie. I really liked what they did to the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment